Tweedie Lake

  • In Dumfries Parish.
  • Named for a Scottish shoemaker on the Saint John River in the 1800s who fished there.

McBean Brook

  • Flows east into Nashwaak River, 1 mile south of Taymouth.
  • Probably named for Angus McBean, Loyalist of 42nd (Black Watch) Regiment.
  • John and Richard McBean also had grants there.
  • In Maliseet Babkwelgwadekbegwesiniak.

Tweedside

  • 16 miles east of McAdam. Post Office 1860-1914.
  • Named by settlers from Scotland.
  • Formerly called Ensor Settlement where Charles Ensor had a grant in 1834, which he abandoned before 1841.

McCallum Brook

  • Flows southwest into Youngs Brook, east of Nashwaak Bridge.
  • Named for a disbanded soldier of the 42nd (Black Watch) Regiment.
  • See also Youngs Brook.

Youngs Brook

  • Flows west into Nashwaak River at Nashwaak Bridge.
  • Named for a member of the disbanded 42nd (Black Watch) Regiment.
  • Formerly called Udenack, McCallum Brook and Upper McBeans Brook.

McIntosh Brook

  • Flows north into Saint John River, west of Fredericton.
  • Named for James, John and Elizabeth McIntosh who had a mill there in the 1800s.

Zionville

  • 17 miles northeast of Fredericton.
  • Post Office circa 1897-1904 and 1912-1916.
  • Probably named by settlers from Scotland and Ireland circa 1860 for the Biblical Mount Zion.

McLean Brook

  • Flows east into Nashwaak River at Durham Bridge.
  • Named for Archibald McLean, Loyalist from New York.
  • In Maliseet, Sigigdehask.

North Tay

  • 7 miles southwest of Stanley, on North Tay River.
  • Post Office circa 1897-1918.

Scotch Lake

  • 16 miles west of Fredericton. Post Office circa 1885-1915.
  • Settled 1820 by immigrants from Roxburgh and Dumfries, Scotland.
  • In 1820 the lake had a Maliseet name meaning ‘partridge’.