Lorne Parish

  • Established 1871.
  • Named for John Douglas Campbell, Marquess of Lorne (1845-1914), Governor General of Canada 1878-1883, married to Princess Louise during the year that the parish was established.

Ogilvie Lakes

  • West of Trousers Lake.
  • Named for Alexander and David Ogilvy who guided in the area of Trousers Lake circa 1900.

Perth Parish

  • Established 1833.
  • Probably named for Perth, Scotland, where Sir Archibald Campbell (1769-1843), Lieut. Governor of New Brunswick (1831-1837) was born.

Perth-Andover

  • The region was settled by Loyalist soldiers who received land in lieu of payment.
  • Perth, located on the east bank of the river, was named in honour of Perth, Scotland.
  • Later called Perth Centre, then Perth Junction when railroad came, now Perth.

River Dee

  • Flows northwest from Trousers Lake to Right Hand Branch Tobique River.
  • Probably named by H.M.G. Garden 1836 for River Dee, in Aberdeen, Scotland.

River Don

  • Flows northwest from Long Lake to Right Hand Branch Tobique River, at its junction with the River Dee.
  • Named by H.M.G. Garden 1836 for River Don, Aberdeen, Scotland.

Upper Kintore

  • 6 miles east of Perth-Andover. Post Office circa 1885-1925.
  • In 1873, more than 700 people from northeast Scotland settled in Bon Accord, Kintore, and Kincardine.

Caldwell Brook

  • Post Office 1917-1947 at Hillside, 7 miles northeast of Perth-Andover.

Drummond Parish

  • Established in 1872.
  • Possibly named for Sir Gordon Drummond (1771-1854), administrator of Canada 1815-1816, or for Drummond Castle, 18 miles from Perth, Scotland, where various Baron Drummonds were known as Lord Perth.

Gillespie Settlement

  • 5 miles south of Grand Falls.
  • Among the first settlers were Edward, William and Francis Gillespie.