Hanna Dow Hill

  • On Deer Island.
  • Named for a woman who perished in a snow storm in the early days of the settlement.

Katys Cove

  • At St. Andrews.
  • Named for Katy McIntosh who lived near it.
  • In Passamaquoddy Maliseet Metahasinkik, ‘duck trap’.

Kilmarnock Head

  • 3 miles north of St. Andrews.
  • Probably named for Kilmarnock, Scotland, by James Boyd, pre-Loyalist settler.

Basswood Ridge

  • 9 miles north of St. Stephen. Post Office 1854-1932.
  • Settled in 1803 by Scots from the Highlands.
  • Named for huge basswood trees formerly on ridge, one measuring 9 feet in circumference circa 1900.