https://www.nbscots.com/uploads/2018/08/logo_204x240.png 0 0 NBSCA https://www.nbscots.com/uploads/2018/08/logo_204x240.png NBSCA2022-09-06 16:21:532022-09-06 16:21:53Minister’s Island
- 2 miles north of St. Andrews.
- Named for Samuel Andrews (circa 1736-1818), a St. Andrews minister who lived on the island after 1791.
- Formerly called Chamcook Island.
- Commonly called Van Horne’s Island for Sir William Cornelius Van Horne (1843-1915) first president of Canadian Pacific 1888-1899.
- Named Covenhoven by Sir William Van Horne, after 1890, for his father’s middle name.