Murray Corner

  • 10 miles northeast of Port Elgin.
  • Post Office 1853-1914, Pinquey Murray, first postmaster.
  • David, Joseph, Andrew and John Murray were settlers circa 1822 from Scotland.

New Scotland

  • 13 miles northwest of Moncton.
  • Post Office circa 1897-1933.
  • Settlers came in 1866 from Scotland.

Port Elgin

  • Post Office from 1854.
  • Named for James Bruce, 8th Earl of Elgin (1811 – 1863), Governor-General of Canada 1846-1854.
  • Village incorporated 1922. Formerly called Gaspereaux.

Scotch Settlement

  • 10 miles north of Moncton. Post Office circa 1885-1935.
  • Settled circa 1835 by immigrants from Scotland and Cape Breton.

Scott Brook

  • Flows north into Robinson Creek at Murray Corner.
  • Named for Adam Scott, a settler 1834 from Scotland.

MacDougall

  • 13 miles northeast of Moncton.
  • Post Office McDougal Settlement circa 1885-1903; Post Office MacDougall’s 1903-1935.
  • John MacDougall was a settler there circa 1820.

McKay Brook

  • Flows southeast into Baie Verte, south of Cape Tormentine.
  • Named for Alexander McKay, settler circa 1810.

Grants Beach

  • Adjacent to Little Shemogue Harbour.
  • Named for James Grant, settler in 1809.

Allen Brook

  • Flows east into Baie Verte Creek.
  • Possibly named for Benjamin Allen, a Loyalist originally from Scotland who settled at Baie Verte.

Amos Point

  • On east side of Little Shemogue Harbour, 8 miles north of Port Elgin.
  • Named for James Amos who emigrated from Scotland in 1820.