Loggiecroft

  • 11 miles north of Richibucto.
  • Post Office Logiecroft 1938-1955.
  • W.S. Loggie and Co. Ltd. had a fish processing plant there.

McInnes Brook

  • Flows east into Kouchibouguac River.
  • Possibly named for Peter McInnis who asked for a grant on the Kouchibouguac River 1801.

Dundas Parish

  • Established in 1826.
  • Probably named for Ann Dundas, wife of Sir Howard Douglas, Lieut. Governor of New Brunswick 1823-1832.
  • Possibly named for Robert Saunders Dundas, 2nd Viscount Melville, 1st Lord of the Admiralty.

East Galloway

  • 8 miles southeast of Richibuto. Post Office 1909-1956.
  • Settled in 1830 from Galloway, Scotland.

Galloway

  • 5 miles south of Richibucto.
  • Settled circa 1820 from Galloway, Scotland. According to Baillie 1832, New Galloway.
  • See also East Galloway, settled in 1830 from Galloway, Scotland.

Beatties Creek

  • Flows northwest into Richibucto River at Rexton.
  • Named for James Beattie, who received a land grant 1826.

Camerons Mill

  • 12 miles west of Richibucto.
  • Post Office Cameron’s Mills circa 1885-1956, John Cameron, first postmaster.
  • James Cameron operated the mill 1861-1879, then John Cameron 1879-1901.