McKenzie Corner

  • 8 miles southwest of Woodstock.
  • Post Office McKenzies Corner 1858-1915.
  • Named for William McKenzie (or MacKenzie), a settler circa 1822.

South Gordonsville

  • 5 miles southeast of Bristol. Post Office 1893-1915.

East Brighton

  • 4 miles southeast of Hartland, in Brighton Parish.
  • Post Office 1909-1962.
  • Formerly named Dow Settlement. William and Vardus Dow were settlers in 1848.

Gibson Creek

  • Flows southwest into Mactaquac Lake, Saint John River.
  • Named for John Gibson, settler from Kilmarnock, Scotland 1843.
  • Campbell 1785 called it River Essepenack, derived from Maliseet for ‘steep sided’ or ‘raccoon’; Nightingale 1840 called it Tomkins Creek; Saunders 1842 called it Tomkins Mill Stream; Bailey 1894 called it Gibson’s Mill Stream.


  • 8 miles east of Bristol. Post Office from 1861.
  • Named for Charles Gordon Glass, a minister of the Free Church of Scotland, who founded the settlement 1861 and brought out people from Scotland.


  • 4 miles east of Bristol. Post Office 1863-1970.
  • Said to be named for a place in Scotland, possibly also for Charles Gordon Glass who founded the settlement in 1861 or for Arthur Charles Hamilton-Gordon, 1st Baron Stanmore (1829-1912), Lieut. Governor of New Brunswick 1861-1866…

Gregg Settlement

  • 2 miles north of Centreville.
  • Named for John Gregg, a land grantee there.


  • 9 miles southwest of Juniper.
  • Post Office circa 1885-1916.
  • Named for the Scottish Highlands.


  • 7 miles southeast of Woodstock.
  • John Gibson settled in 1843, from Kilmarnock, Scotland.

Aberdeen Parish

  • Established 1863.
  • Probably named for George Hamilton-Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen (1784-1860), Prime Minister of England 1852-1855, father of Arthur Hamilton-Gordon (1829-1912), Lieut. Gov. of New Brunswick 1861-1866.
  • Rev. C.G. Glass, who encouraged emigration from Scotland in 1861, was a native of Aberdeen, Scotland.